Thursday, October 30, 2014

Roasted Acorn Squash with Pomegranate Gremolata By: Grace Bonney

GABY_DESIGN_SPONGE_ROASTED_ACORN_SQUASH_LARGE (1)

You know when you have an Internet friend you really hope will be just as amazing in person? Well, when it comes to Gaby Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking, she is every bit as fantastic in person as I hoped. I got the chance to interview Gaby on my radio show earlier this year and have been happily following her blog for fall recipes all season. She reached out a few weeks ago to share some modern spins on Halloween recipes and I happily jumped at the chance to have some more fall weather eats on the site. So, I’m going to hand the mic over to Gaby! xo, grace


GABY_DESIGN_SPONGE_STILL_LIFE_LARGE

Don’t get me wrong, I love being a California girl. I love experiencing about 11.5 months of summer and wearing flip flops year-round. But every year, right around now, I get to a place when I’m a little bit over these 75 degree temperatures and seriously craving fall. And while it certainly doesn’t feel like it here in LA, I’m doing my best to make it feel like fall in my kitchen! Acorn Squash with a Pomegranate Gremolata is one of my latest creations and I can promise you that it will be on regular rotation for the next few months. While it would work with any squash, I’m particularly fond of acorn squash – mostly because I think it’s pretty! But also because it has the perfect amount of sweetness. Top it with an herb gremolata spiked with pomegranate seeds and it’s an explosion of different textures on the plate, and honestly, who can say no to that?!

-Gaby Dalkin


Photographs by Matt Armendariz


Click through for the full recipe after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1tmjXPV From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment