Friday, October 31, 2014

Camille Styles Entertaining + Maple Pecan Tart Recipe By: Grace Bonney

MAPLE PECAN TART

A few years ago I landed in Austin for SXSW after the single most frightening flight of my life. The flight was so turbulent that I called my parents between connecting flights to tell them I loved them (I was terrified the next flight wasn’t going to land safely), but thankfully we made it to Texas in one piece and Camille Styles was there to meet me. We were speaking on a panel together and she kindly offered to host me and, after seeing me so visibly shaken, took care of me like I was family. I remember feeling like I had stepped into a beautiful (but real) magazine when we arrived at her house. She and her husband have a truly stunning home that is focused on entertaining and welcoming guests and loved ones. From the moment I walked through the doors until the moment I left, I felt at home. For me, that’s the true spirit of being a host, so it was only fitting that Camille set out to write a a beautiful entertaining book.


CamilleStylesEntertaining hc c copy

Camille’s new book, Camille Styles Entertaining , came out this week and it embodies everything I remember from my stay in Texas: her love of great but un-fussy food, colorful handmade decorations and details that make you feel like someone really cared when they planned your meal. I got my copy last week and have been bookmarking pages left and right, from delicious party drinks and flower ideas to easy group dinners that make hosting for the holidays seem less stressful. It’s quite simply a must-have for anyone who wants to spend more time entertaining and welcoming people, comfortably and with style, into their homes. Camille was kind enough to share a recipe from the book with us today, Maple Pecan Tart, inspired by her Mom’s classic recipe. If you need something delicious to bring to Thanksgiving this year, this is a fantastic alternative to pumpkin pie. xo, grace


Photography by Buff Strickland


Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1u1jtSb From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment