Saturday, August 1, 2015

3 ways to enjoy Avocado Mousse By: Jules IKEAHacker

In my quest to reduce gluten intake and satisfy my occasional cravings for cake, I’ve taken to baking. I am still awful at it. The latest disaster being a “too bitter, too dense” version of the Healthy Chef, Teresa Cutter’s Naked Chocolate Cake. The issue isn’t her recipe, just my “creativity” and throwing in too many “ideas” of my own. (Hey, why do you think I hack IKEA?) I’ve had great success with her Banana + Coconut Bread though, which is delicious to the power of 3.

However, as in most things, there is a silver lining. The Avocado Mousse, made to top the cake. It made my ruined cake almost edible. Trust me. It’s the bomb! I wondered how I lived so long without tasting this Avocado Mousse Supremo.

This is my first time but I promise you this, it won’t be the last. A quick google later, I found the Avocado Mousse touted as a healthy alternative to icing, a gluten-free fan favourite. I also discovered that most people just ate it as well, mousse. That can’t be! I made up my mind that this yummy thing should have more application than one. For the next few days, I raked my baking-noob brains for other ways to savour every last dollop of the fluffy, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness.

So I humbly present to you my experiments on the Avocado Mousse …

3 ways to enjoy Avocado Mousse | JULES

See the rest of the post on Jules’ blog.

The post 3 ways to enjoy Avocado Mousse appeared first on IKEA Hackers.



via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1gxzefg From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment