Thursday, July 23, 2015

For the Love of Blue + White: Contemporary Clerkenwell Dishes By: Grace Bonney

Clerkenwell-Bone-China-Dinner-Plate-5_large
When it comes to tableware, I’ve developed a major love of blue and white. Luckily, when Julia and I combined our belongings, it turned out I wasn’t the only one. I grew up eating dinner on Spode-style plates (here they are at our home now) and Julia’s family also had a beautiful collection of new and old plates, like the blue (sort of) splatterware her parents gave to us when we got married. When we moved upstate I decided to turn some of our favorite pieces into a plate hanging/wall display in the kitchen, so we could look at them every day and take them down whenever we need them for entertaining. I’m always keeping my eye out for great, old pieces to slowly add to our collection, but when I saw these new pieces from Clerkenwell at House of Folk, I was smitten.

Clerkenwell-Bone-China-Soup-Plate-2_large_large
Clerkenwell-Bone-China-Soup-Plate-3_large
Clerkenwell-Bone-China-Dinner-Plate-1_large
Clerkenwell has a long history of fine bone china and this new collection has a slightly more minimal feel with more whitespace on the plates and the addition of sweet little animals, like rabbits and foxes, on the plates and bowls. I’m itching to buy one of these plates for our wall, but in the meantime, I’m pinning them and adding them to my dream list. That little fox is too cute for words. Click here to check out the full collection and shop online. xo, grace












via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1VAyJB3 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment