In less than a month, we are almost halfway done with the photographs for the next Design*Sponge book and I couldn’t be happier about the way they’re turning out — or the process of meeting these amazing women in person. Working alongside Sasha Israel on the east coast has been a total dream and the even bigger dream has been having a team that’s so hardworking and helpful that I’ve been able to take a brief pause from writing to travel for these shoots and be present for this amazing process. It’s rare that my mind isn’t already “on to the next one” during any given moment, so to be able to step away from my laptop to plan, enjoy and live in these photoshoot moments has been monumental. These are memories I will hold on to for the rest of my life and I cannot wait to share them with you in book form next Fall! In the meantime, I wanted to share a few behind the scenes peeks at this week’s shoots, from San Diego to NYC. xo, grace
Sasha out on a tiny NYC balcony in 90 degree weather, getting the best shot.
- This portable bike rack is pretty genius (and won’t leave a mark on your wall)
- I love the color-blocking in this kitchen!
- An artist bought ad billboards to display art instead of advertisements.
- Converse updated the design of their Chuck sneaker for the first time in 100 years.
- Great ideas for art about your bed.
- A delicious recipe for the perfect summer strawberry ice cream from Jeni.
- Saltine and Chocolate ice cream sandwiches from Smitten Kitchen. Yummm.
- Must-Reads: Our 25 Favorite Floors from the #DSFloors challenge
, Contemporary Blue & White China (with fox and rabbit details!)
- Essay: Taking Control in Life & Work, Caitlin’s Vintage Trim/Notions Collection (and what it means to her)
- DIY: Stencil Pattern Beach Towel
- Food: Diana Leahy’s Rosewater Pancakes
- Sneak Peeks: A beloved family home in DC, A terrace house in the Netherlands, An NYC Studio with History, Thrifty Glitz in the Motor City, A colorful Anchorage, Alaska home,
- City Guide: Waterloo, Ontario
- Life & Business: How Hannah Trickett overcame Hydrocephalus to start her business,
- Before & After: A Logan Square Makeover
via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1MpBXTQ From Grace Bonney