Monday, July 20, 2015

BH&G Building A Dream House: Navy Bedrooms From Melissa Bahen

Today's Inspiration comes from Better Homes and Garden's Style Spotters Melissa Bahen.

The master bedroom is probably the most ignored room in my house when it comes to style. In our old house, the master bedroom was upstairs with all of the kids’ rooms, so aside from the hours we spent sleeping and getting ready for the day, we really weren’t up there much. But in the Dream House, the master bedroom is on the main floor (and oh my gosh, I LOVE IT!), so I actually spend quite a bit of time in there. Since my office in the basement is still a work in progress, when I have time to work, I go to my bedroom. When I have phone calls or video conferences, I go to my bedroom. If I just need a second to relax, I go to my bedroom. So it has started to occur to me that my bedroom is pretty hideous and that it is in dire need of some TLC.

I’ve been really enamored of navy bedrooms lately. I know our walls are gray, which I don’t plan on changing because I love them, but I think gray and navy make a swell color combination. Here are just a few of the bedrooms that have had me swooning over navy lately…

navy master bedroom inspiration
photo from House and Home

I love the brass sun burst mirror paired with the navy walls in the photo. I’ve discovered during my extensive navy bedroom research that at least 75% of navy bedrooms contain at least one star burst or sun burst mirror. I’ve already started looking for mine in preparation.

navy gray bedroom color inspiration
photo from West Elm

As much as I love the navy walls, I don’t plan on painting my bedroom blue. I spent a lot of time choosing that beautiful gray paint, and I’m gonna keep it! This bedroom is probably more the direction our master bedroom will take, with gray walls and dark blue accents. I love the color combination of dark navy and foggy gray.

navy bedroom inspiration
photo from Pottery Barn

Here’s another beautiful room with lighter walls and rich navy accents. I love how the dark blue rug under the bed helps anchor the room, and really highlights those blues.


photo from Steven Ford Interiors on Houzz.com

I think this bedroom is so beautiful. The walls are navy and the bedding is navy, yet the room feels light and airy and open. Note to self: achieve this in the Dream House master bedroom!

navy master bedroom ideas
photo from Lesley Graham

dark bedroom wall inspiration
photo from Hello Lidy

These two beautiful bedrooms belong to my friends Lesley Graham and Lidy Dipert. While the walls in both of these rooms are black, they have the same dark wall/bright room effect as the navy rooms that I love.

What do you think of this trend in navy bedrooms? Do you love it as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment