Friday, October 10, 2014

Easy X-shelf for EXPEDIT bar By: claudiaivonnefranco

Expedit shelf4a


Materials: EXPEDIT / KALLAX


I have limited tools for woodworking, and wanted to construct a wine rack for my EXPEDIT. I looked at the available project ideas, and it involved using a table saw, that I am afraid to use because I need my fingers :)


With my miter saw, I was able to accomplish it! I also spent about $8 dollars for the whole project.


I bought some wood, about 1×2 inch x 8 feet in size for 96 cents each. I measured the diagonal length of the cabinet cubby and cut the wood to length at a 45 degree angle. I cut one and put in place before cutting the next one, in case of wood irregularities. Or in case of tape measure irregularities.


Expedit shelf1a


Expedit shelf2a


Expedit shelf3a


I painted them then glued them in place. The weight of the wine bottles will also hold the wood in place.


I inserted 9 wood pieces in each cubby, leaving a small space in the front of the cabinet for appearance purposes.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1tJIITs From claudiaivonnefranco

No comments:

Post a Comment