Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DIY Project: Marbled Table Legs By: Grace Bonney

DSC_0669 700px

Every person has that dream material or finish that is always their first choice, should their budget ever allow. For some it’s brass, others a rich wood like walnut, but for me it’s marble. Marble all day. If I could top every table with old marble (I prefer something that’s worn in and less precious) I would do it in a heartbeat. But of course, my budget has only ever allowed for one piece of marble over the past decade (it was a steal I had to basically fight for at Brimfield). So I continue to Pin my favorite pieces and dream of ways to bring more marbled detailing into my home. But today we’ve gotten extra lucky because we have not one but two marbled DIY projects that give you that great marble look without that heavy marble price (and weight). Today’s first marble project comes from one of our favorite DIY bloggers, Petros Petrozelis of Hommie. Petros had the genius idea to use marbled contact paper to upgrade a simple IKEA table (#IKEAhacks4ever!) and I had to ask if we could share the full project here. Thankfully Petros was game and I’m thrilled to share his how-to after the jump. This is a fun way to add a marble detail to just about anything – tabletops, legs, even drawer fronts. Thanks so much to Petros for sharing this with us today! [All photos by P. Petrozelis] xo, grace


*If you need some more marble inspiration in your life, check out our favorite uses of marbles in homes. If you need help cleaning and restoring old marble, check out Daniel’s how-to guide right here.


DSC_0680ajpg 700px


DSC_0718 700px DSC_0610 700px DSC_0613 700px DSC_0680ajpg 700px DSC_0687 700px

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1rX70LF From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment