Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Design*Sponge and Quarterly By: Grace Bonney

unnamed (1)

Over the past 10 years, I’ve been extremely slow and cautious about partnering with other brands, primarily because it can be hard to find people (especially full companies) that share the same ideas and guiding principles as your own. But when you find that company and it works out, it’s wonderful. I’ve been an admirer of Quarterly , a service that provides affordable gift boxes curated by a wide range of people, since its founding in 2011. There are plenty of subscription services you can take part in that bring fun objects to your door, but Quarterly has always impressed me with its choice of curators. There have, of course, been some big names like Pharrell and Nina Garcia, but there have also been some very clever and unexpectedly wonderful selections from people like Bill Nye, Chris Jobson of Colossal and CreativeBug. Over the years our team has toyed with creating some sort of subscription-based service, but we found that we enjoy working on content more than dealing with the ins and outs of a shop. So I was thrilled when I heard from Quarterly and they asked us to join them as one of their new curators! I have no shortage of obsessions and objects (which I regularly document here), so to have the chance to narrow them down into four perfectly-edited gift packages a year makes me SO happy.


Here’s how it will work: Design*Sponge readers can subscribe for our gift series and every three months you’ll get a new package in the mail that has a range of objects for the home and office (with an occasional personal accessory thrown in). I’ll be focusing on independent design and pieces that are as functional as they are beautiful. But to get started, we need your help:


Please visit our sign-up page on Quarterly to let us know what YOU would like to see from our Design*Sponge + Quarterly kit . We’ll use your input to shape the Quarterly packages we send out to make sure they have exactly what you guys want. I’m so excited to put my professional shopper hat on and pick out some amazing products that I think you’ll enjoy for years to come! xo, grace




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1rX71PI From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment