Friday, October 10, 2014

Best of the Web By: Grace Bonney

1922166_1487963254797075_1212586194_n

I’m overwhelmed with a major sense of TGIF today because this weekend we’re taking Hope on a road trip to check out the Phoenicia Flea and Field + Supply, two wonderful artisan markets happening upstate. There’s a part of me that is always trying to find a deeper sense of community and connection, the kind I felt when living further south, and the Catskills region has that in spades for me. I’ve been so impressed with, and inspired by, the way local makers of all types (from food to fashion) team up to celebrate each other and help get the word out about their products. I was out of town for the first Phoenicia Flea (which is organized by two of my favorite homeowners), so I was excited to be able to make it up for its second showing. I’ll be snapping pictures of everything and everyone to share back here on the blog, so stay tuned for some beautiful handmade work next week. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend – and thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures in the #DSCollections challenge! One of my favorites, from Connected Fair Trade, is above. xo, grace


bestofweb_other_109



bestofds_ds_109





















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1slJM3l From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment