Monday, May 5, 2014

Subwoofers home By: Kico

ivar hack


Materials: IVAR


My boyfriend bought a soundsystem with a subwoofer and I wanted to have a rack around it. I found the Ivar from IKEA, which has the depth I need.


Step 1: Cut Ivar. I need the height of 76cm and cut the side panels with a jigsaw.

Step 2 : Sand the cuts!

Step 3: Paint the Ivar white!

Step 4: Get some pallet-boards. I took 21 boards from about 3 pallets.

Step 5: Sand the boards with 2 different sandpapers. I first used 80 and then 160!

Step 6: Cut the boards in the length you want to.

Step 7: Sand the cuts

Step 8: Stain the boards, I used nuttree.

Step 9: Wax the boards.

Step 10: Drill holes for your screws. (I used screws with big heads as I wanted a raw look and a vintage look!






via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1iQKFxt From Kico

No comments:

Post a Comment