Wednesday, May 7, 2014

DIY Project: Peg Wall By: Grace Bonney

PegWall1

When I moved into my studio fifteen months ago, I knew I wanted to create a feature wall near the entryway that felt curated, functional and peppered with color. It’s a place where I’d greet clients and a space to display my work and objects I’ve collected. While I would have loved to contract a carpenter to build out a drop-dead shelving system like this, it was simply not in my budget. So, out of necessity, I came up with a solution that was pocketbook friendly, doable with limited tools and offered flexibility.


peg3 copy

The solution was inspired by the old pegboard system we were tasked with climbing in grade school physical education class, except this one would not require climbing. We used wood dowels and double-sided screws to create the pegs. The shelves we picked up at the local hardware store. Filled with some art and a few of my favorite objects, this project made a big step forward in shaping up our entryway. Not to mention, it created a perfect spot to drop your coat on your way in! To see more of the studio space, stop by my Instagram feed and say hello. -Christine Wisnieski


All photographs by Christine Wisnieski


peg3 copy PegWall5 PegWall6 PegWall1

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1iXL8hc From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment