Monday, May 5, 2014

Dog/Kids Bench By: Julia Hill

ikeahack- dog bench


Materials: 2 Malm (attached-style) Nightstands


malm nightstand bedside tableWhen I moved, I knew I would not be able to use my Malm Nightstands in my bedroom. So, instead I made them into this little bench/bed for my dogs.


I removed the magazine racks from both nightstands. Filled the holes with wood filler and then sanded the excess off.


I attached the two stands together using mending-flat plates and screws on the back. I use a scrap piece of birch screwed on to underside to connect them there for more stability (and to create a place to attach the legs! Note: Make sure to leave a little room so that the drawers still operate easily. I found this out the hard way.


I added prefab legs form the hardware store. I had to cut them down to fit.


I added a little paint and some molding to the back mainly to hide the holes from the magazine racks, but also to make it prettier. I added a blanket on the seat for comfort as it was a little slippery for my dogs without it.


My dogs love to sit on their bench. I use the drawers for their extra toys – they are very spoiled! :)






via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1mvsLCR From Julia Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment