Friday, May 9, 2014

Hairpin-leg table from HEMNES dresser top By: Gina Wagner of TheDailyB.net

HEMNEStable


30 minutes and $16 is all it took to make this hairpin-leg table/art desk for my kids’ playroom.


Lately, the kids’ art projects have been taking over the whole house. Everywhere I step, there’s evidence of coloring, cutting, gluing, painting, folding.


I love it. And I hate it, because it’s EVERYWHERE. Marker scribbles on my desk. Scissors on my favorite vintage dresser. Crayons and scraps of paper on the floor.


So I cleared out a corner of the playroom to make a dedicated work space.


For the table, I scoured the “As Is” section of IKEA and snatched up the blue table top (I think it was it a HEMNES dresser top) for $4. I drilled a few holes and attached 18″ metal hairpin legs that I found at a hardware store for $12.


It’s sturdy and functional, and stylish enough that we’ll use it as coffee table after the kids outgrow it.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1odFIkl From Gina Wagner of TheDailyB.net

No comments:

Post a Comment