Thursday, May 7, 2015

Home Ec: 12 Handmade Gifts for Mother’s Day By: Grace Bonney

Home Ec: 12 Handmade Gifts for Mother’s Day

For the first time in what must be at least 12 years, I get to celebrate Mother’s Day in-person with my Mom this year. I’ve been living in New York for so long now that my trips to Virginia tend to happen around winter and summer holidays, so I haven’t been able to celebrate in person with either of my parents as often as I’d like. But this weekend my parents are bringing their new rescue dog (Finn!) to visit for a whole week and we’ll get to celebrate Mother’s Day as one big family.

If you’ve turned on the TV, opened your computer or flipped through a magazine lately, the pressure to buy something “fancy” for Mom can feel overwhelming. But with budgets tighter than ever and the desire for things that are more meaningful at an all-time high, I thought I’d dedicate today’s Home Ec post to handmade gifts you can make for your mother to show her how much you care. From flower arrangements and home-spa goods to full kits, these ideas are all about putting more thought and love into your gifts — and not more money on your credit card. xo, grace

*For more Mother’s Day love, check out the heartfelt submissions from the DS community for our Mother’s Day hashtag challenge and these ideas for “experience” gifts that skip the store and start at home.

unnamed

This post and the Home Ec section are brought to you by Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day. Visit the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Home-Grown Inspiration section featuring 20 DIYs, including seven from Design*Sponge!










via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1Ijzud1 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment