Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Clay:shop at Hey Rooster By: Grace Bonney

Clay:shop at Hey Rooster

Now that Julia and I live in a tiny town (a hamlet, actually), I’m always tempted to open up a little shop on our main street and sell all of my favorite things in one place. But foot traffic is pretty nonexistent here and retail is notoriously tough, so I think I’ll have to keep living vicariously through some of my favorite brick-and-mortar shops and retail locations. One of which I wanted to profile today, because of its excellent interior and a fantastic pop-up dedicated to potters and ceramics.

Hey Rooster General Store in Nashville, TN is a modern shop inspired by and dedicated to the idea of building community. Owner Courtney Webb spends her days not just curating her shop, but, “working to connect artists, makers, bakers, and farmers to our neighborhood and online friends through workshops, summer flower CSAs, pop-up shops and general friendliness in the shop.” Hey Rooster sells only American-made goods and they have regular pop-up shops to focus on particular regions and materials. Right now they’re having a great show, clay:shop, that’s featuring the work of not just local designers but over 50 potters from across the US (each one sent two pieces to include in the show). The majority of the 96 pieces for sale will be one of a kind, limited edition or signature pieces, and Courtney created a special space for them in the store that is basically my version of heaven. I so wish I was in Nashville to see this, but in the meantime, I’m going to take a virtual tour with this slideshow. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did. If you’re in town, be sure to check it out in person! xo, grace

*Great “small world” moment: Courtney said Rebekka Seale’s home tour on DS was one of the things that inspired her to move back to Nashville from NYC! She even spotted Rebekka in town after moving back and the two became fast friends.

All photographs by Hannah Messinger (Instagram)










via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1PoVcev From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment