Tuesday, December 2, 2014

HACKAS CD Tower into 3 table lamps By: Tomas Neuwirth

DSC_4390


Recently I organised my whole CD and DVD collection into binders to save a lot of space. Then I was thinking it would be a shame to trash such a nice CD tower. I decided to turn it into 3 table lamps.


Material required:

- Hackas CD tower

- Sparsam 20W bulb, electrical cable with power switch and a bulb socket

- crepe paper

- fast glue and a wood-paper glue


Tools required:

- screwdriver

- flex (angle grinder)

- jigsaw


First, I cut the CD tower into 3 equal parts, the wooden part with jigsaw, and the metal column using a flex. I kept the metal column slightly shorter then the wooden part. Then I drilled holes in the columns to attach the wooden part.


DSC_4379 DSC_4378


Inside of the wooden part I glued a crepe paper, which has a nice texture and just the right transparency to create a nice ambient light. You could also experiment with different paper colors.


DSC_4377 DSC_4328 DSC_4310


Using a fast glue I attached a bulb to the metal column with a short cut of the column in between, so that the bulb was situated in the center of the lamp, connected the cable and put all parts together.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1vchwNt From Tomas Neuwirth

No comments:

Post a Comment