Thursday, June 4, 2015

Before & After: Mirrored Closet Door Makeover By: Grace Bonney

Before & After: Mirrored Closet Door Makeover

Old sliding closet doors can often be a design nightmare. In mid-century homes, they’re made of 70’s style laminate or faux-wood and in later homes, shiny mirrored doors (with fake chrome trim) are common. I’ve been known to rip them out myself and replace them with hanging curtains or paint them to try to camouflage them, but they never look quite right to me. But when I saw this makeover from Roxanne at The Honeycomb Home, I realized I was going about it all wrong. Instead of camouflaging them, I should have been finding a stylish way to accentuate them instead.

Roxanne’s daughter’s room had sliding mirrored doors that they both always disliked. They stood out from the darker walls like a sore thumb and, while they were practical for saving space and bouncing light back into the room, they didn’t fit the overlook look they both wanted. So instead of tearing them out, Roxanne took inspiration from a photo she saw online and decided to design her own overlay to dress up the doors and turn them from a distraction into a key element of the design of the room. I absolutely love the final look and it’s such inspiration to anyone who is dealing with sliding doors that need a little love. Click through to read about Roxanne’s process! xo, grace










via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1SYGcZn From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment