Monday, April 6, 2015

Ikea Besta Hack with Decals By: IH guest

IMG_1951


This is a custom buffet I made for the entryway in my home using the Ikea Besta shelf unit (24″by25″) and smaller Besta shelf (23x25in)


I purchased 3 of the wood finish doors for the Besta.


I went to home depot and purchased braces for the bottom and the back to screw the two units together.


IMG_1942-2-e1427958576821a


I purchased 4 10-inch Hairpin Legs from ebay seller nina_lynne who makes custom pieces from Florida.


IMG_1945


IMG_1943


IMG_1944


IMG_1946


IMG_1947


After screwing everything together I propped the unit upright and added a custom Chevron decal made specifically for ikea units from etsy seller (http://ift.tt/1IjK6bu) who also will do custom pieces for any piece of furniture with easy to use removable adhesive vinyl.


Pretty easy hack and a great spin on modern furniture with the added decal.


By Eric Schwanke


The post Ikea Besta Hack with Decals appeared first on IKEA Hackers.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1DaYLTd From IH guest

No comments:

Post a Comment