Wednesday, April 8, 2015

DIY Upcycled Clock Frame By: Grace Bonney

diy_clock_frame_designsponge

Since moving into our home, I’ve wanted to fill the walls with photos, quotes and things that hold meaning to my husband and me. It has been a process choosing what to hang, so our walls are pretty bare at the moment. When Fran and Grace contacted me to create a picture frame tutorial, I knew this was the nudge I needed to work towards my goal of printing and hanging memorable photos. This project took longer than I expected due to the time I spent reminiscing over our photos from our honeymoon in Maui, but the DIY process was a breeze. I finally landed on a photo from one of my favorite places we visited and got to work! I love how easy it is to transform a simple clock into a clean, functional frame. I’ll have to rotate the photo every once in a while so I can keep admiring all the treasured family photos I have stored away. —Courtney



IMG_4712

Materials Needed:


-Clock

-Printed photo

-Leather strap

-Bronze circular stud

-Xacto knife

-Scissors

-Tape


Process:


1. Take apart your clock.


IMG_4714


2. Cut your photo to the size of the inside of the clock.


3. Tape or glue your photo over the original clock numbers.


IMG_4718


4. Put your clock back together so it is now a picture frame.


5. Using your x-acto knife, cut two slits through the leather and side of the clock. If your clock is not plastic, you can use a drill.


IMG_4720


6. Secure leather to your frame with the circular stud by flattening the prongs on the underside of the frame.


7. Hang up and enjoy!


IMG_4723


IMG_4743




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1CxqxEi From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment