Thursday, November 13, 2014

Vegan Pots de Creme from At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen By: Grace Bonney

AtHomeInTheWholeFoodKitchen_p331

I’m going to keep it real: I am not the world’s healthiest eater. I know I should be more concerned, but it’s just not high on my list of daily concerns. I’m can be pretty good about eating a lot of vegetables and healthy grains, but when it comes to desserts, I can never say no to butter, cream and chocolate. But thankfully, I share my life and kitchen with someone who has worked on super-healthy cookbooks, so I’ve started opening my mind to things like almond and rice milk and using all-natural sweeteners instead of refined sugar. So when a copy of Amy Chaplin’s beautiful new book, At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen arrived at my door, I was excited to see what was inside. To my delight, Amy came up with some healthy vegetarian dishes that both look and taste delicious.


At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen_CVR (1)

Today Amy is sharing her recipe for vegan (and gluten-free) Pots de Creme with us, one of my favorite cold weather desserts. But instead of being loaded down with cream, they’re made from a mixture of almonds, rice milk and coconut that creates a luxurious mousse without all the dairy. This was hands-down my favorite recipe from the cookbook (because I am a dessert-fanatic), but there are over 150 vegan and vegetarian recipes, as well as a very helpful primer of how to prep and stock a healthy pantry, inside. If you’re starting to look for holiday gifts for the foodies and healthy eaters in your family, this is a book that will definitely satisfy all of them. Thanks to Amy for sharing this recipe with us today! xo, grace


*Amy also shared some beautiful photos from her kitchen with us, too! Her dog looks so happy in that window seat!


Photographs by Johnny Miller


2014_10_15_AmyChaplinDesignSponge14542 2014_10_15_AmyChaplinDesignSponge14548 2014_10_15_AmyChaplinDesignSponge14571 2014_10_15_AmyChaplinDesignSponge14582 2014_10_15_AmyChaplinDesignSponge14609

Click through for the full recipe and photos of Amy’s kitchen after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1ugDAei From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment