Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIY Project: Basket Weaving By: Francesca Stone

DIY Woven Baskets trio

The one (and only) big problem I have with being a DIY blogger is the fast accumulation of, for want of a better word, stuff. In every single thing I own I see an endless potential for a project. Crafts materials quickly stack up. It’s the life of a hoarder with a cause which goes directly against my ideas of a beautiful, clutter-free home.


So, as I gather up more and more materials, I need to find more and more attractive ways of hiding them and this is where I come into my element. Making my own storage is always the best option for me. In my small home office, creating bespoke solutions maximizes the small space and gives me more room to work (or just fill with more stuff), so it’s usually my first port of call.


Square woven baskets are easy to make, durable and look fantastic, so I made this trio of baskets in various sizes for my latest attempt at controlling the clutter. -Fran


DIY Woven Baskets begin to weave outsides DIY Woven Baskets bottom DIY Woven Baskets cut reed DIY Woven Baskets inner ridge DIY Woven Baskets

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1oMdtuV From Francesca Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment