Thursday, November 13, 2014

Holiday Eggnog from Quench by Ashley English By: Grace Bonney

EXT Quench_ Ashley English_ Roost Books_ p181_ eggnog 2

As much as I admire the picture-perfect holiday parties I see in magazines and on Pinterest, I always crave and respond to things that feel a bit more homespun. In real life I prefer parties where guests and hosts share in the work (I love a potluck) and where projects and recipes allow for a little give and error. For that reason (and many others), I’ve always loved Ashley English’s blog, Small Measure. We were lucky enough to have her on our team for four years and I’ve been gathering up her books (seven and counting!) ever since.


Ashley’s latest book is a beautiful collection of drink recipes that you can make at home called Quench . Along with photos from Jen Altman, Ashley has created an incredible collection of sodas, lemonades, tisanes, shrubs, wines, infused liquors, party punches and more that are quick and easy to make. My personal favorites are Ashley’s recipes for holiday sips. They’re just the sort of warm pick-me-up we could all use when the temperatures start to drop. Today Ashley is sharing a holiday eggnog recipe with us that can be made with or without alcohol and either way is guaranteed to please. I might have to break this out for Thanksgiving this year, it looks like it’s going to be a chilly one. Click here to check out Ashley’s book and click through for the full recipe after the jump! xo, grace


Cover_ Quench_ Ashley English_ Roost Books


Click through for the full recipe after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1Ez8y2p From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment