Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Recipe: Alex Guarnaschelli’s Green Bean Casserole By: Grace Bonney

unnamed-1

Marrying a professional food and cookbook writer has made food a much bigger part of my life, but it’s always played an important role. For as long as I can remember, I’ve watched Food Network with my mom, and it provided much needed comfort (in the form of Barefoot Contessa reruns) during my freshman year of college when home felt a little too far away. One of my favorite shows to watch when I need some inspiration is Chopped . I like to hit “pause” and ask Julia what dish she would cook with the mystery basket ingredients. I love the show so much we even interviewed Chopped’s culinary producer to find out more about how those weird and daunting basket combinations (Asian pears, croissants, haricot verts, and rattlesnake?) happen. So when I thought about sharing a few extra holiday recipes this year, I looked to one of my favorite Chopped judges, Alex Guarnaschelli.


Alex Guarnaschelli_Headshot

Green Bean Casserole is a classic holiday side dish, but the traditional method that involves a gloppy can of soup was never my cup of tea. This version keeps all the rich flavor (and crispy onions) that I grew up loving, but focuses on fresh ingredients and making the traditionally pre-packaged elements from scratch. I will always love my grandmother’s green bean casserole, but this one might have to go into my holiday rotation this year. Thanks so much to Alex for sharing this with us! xo, grace


Click through for the full recipe after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1uBAMDJ From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment