Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy thanksgiving from IKEAhackers By: Jules IKEAHacker

While Thanksgiving is not a big celebration here in Malaysia, I do have much to be thankful for, even without a big feast awaiting.


Let me take a moment to thank all of you for your friendship, support and kindness, especially through the rough spots this year. I want you to know that it means a lot to me and your cheering me on helped me stay strong through it all.


In these 8 years working on IKEAhackers, I value every hack you have shared, commented on, pinned on this site and IH’s social streams. I know I don’t say it enough, so let me just take this time again to say thank you. I am grateful to play a part in this community.


To all who are celebrating, happy holidays and enjoy your time with family and friends.


~ Jules


Here’s a lantern hack which is just perfect above a Thanksgiving table.


thanksgiving table by remodelando la casa1

Photo: http://ift.tt/1pPHeKW



Materials: REGOLIT paper lantern, wood veneer strips.


1. Glue the wood veneer strips onto the paper lantern with a hot glue gun.

2. When the veneer has adhered, remove the paper off the frame. It takes some work though getting the bits off.

3. The remaining horizontal lines were cut in small pieces gluing both ends to the verticals, one by one.

4. Attach the light fixture.


See the REGOLIT lantern hack here.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1vpivyp From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment