Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ICFF 2014: Wallpaper + Wallcoverings By: Grace Bonney

calico design_3

Pattern is always on my mind when I walk into ICFF every year. Where can I find it, who will come up with something original and what will be the big trends? And this year the message was clear: digital is king. While there were a few beautiful hand-printed and hand-drawn options, the majority of wallpaper offerings focused on designs that were created by tiling or repeating photographs or digitally created images. This look isn’t always my cup of tea, but it is wonderful to see people experimenting with technology that allows them to make dramatic statements and work with some pretty incredible large-scale imagery. [Image above: Calico Wallpaper]


moonish_1 copy

In addition to bold digital wallpapers, there were a few wallcovering options, like plywood tiles from Moonish and a gorgeous faceted concrete tile system from Oso Industries. I really love seeing designers expand the offerings we have for our walls. While most of us probably won’t end up using concrete tiles to cover every surface at home, it really broadens the creative possibilities in homes, public and retail spaces, which is inspiration for everyone. My favorites are below after the jump, I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I did. xo, grace [Image above: plywood tiles from Moonish]


michelevarian_3 growhousegrow flavorpaper daniel heath_3 daniel heath_1 calico design calico design_4 IMG_8535 IMG_8540 studiojob quirkandessence_2 IMG_8868 moonish_3 copy oso industries and aperiodix moonish_4 copy

Click through for my favorite wallpapers and wallcoverings from ICFF 2014 after the jump–


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1klTBKr From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment