Friday, May 23, 2014

ICFF 2014: Unexpected Designs By: Grace Bonney

mt washi tape_3

mt washi tape_2

Every year at ICFF there’s something that makes me stop, smile or turn my head and ask a question. These are the pieces that stay with me and are usually the things I end up telling people about the most when I recap the show in person. From giant inflatable beach ball lights (which were just a delight in person) to sandwich-shaped notebooks, these little unexpected highlights at the show really make my day. Some of these designs (like mushroom toothpicks) are lighthearted and others are more serious and come with a deeper story. I hope you’ll enjoy them all- especially the little surprise embroidered drawers in Volk‘s dresser. I didn’t see that coming and it was such a fun surprise. xo, grace


Image above: mt washi tape had their own booth. Naturally, it was a colorful heaven made of washi tape.


marsmers korea2

Image above: Marsmers of Korea made baguette and salami-shaped notepads. I love them.


IMG_8651

IMG_8642

Images above: Butterfly shaped screws and a butterfly tabletop (made using a lost wax casting technique) from Fred & Juul.


IMG_8713 volk_8 IMG_8541 mt washi tape_3 toby house_2 delightfull IMG_8815 IMG_8677 umbrashift twosix design_1

Click through for all my favorite unexpected designs after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1jD0A1x From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment