Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Relaxed Bungalow in Portland, Oregon By: Garrett Fleming

A Relaxed Bungalow in Portland, Oregon

Freelance photographer Jaclyn Campanaro and her cat Cece moved into this 1920s-era home less than a year ago, but their style already touches every nook and cranny of the Portland, OR 2-bedroom. Having been all too familiar with the tradeoffs that come with studio living, Jaclyn was eager to use her new, larger house as a backdrop to indulge her vintage-loving side. She relied heavily on Craigslist, family heirlooms and a few favorite local shops to bring her vision of a “relaxed, uncluttered space,” to life. A 1,500-square-foot bungalow that “supports the natural flow of daily activity by being organized and having a place for everything,” was another guiding principle behind all of her design decisions. To prevent her vision from being compromised, Jaclyn even took things into her own hands when it came to a few of her home’s pieces. An IKEA-hacked dining table and a DIY TV stand are just a couple of the one-of-a-kind solves she’s concocted.

Her home’s robin’s-egg-blue paint job, storied accents, and sense of zen are all worthwhile in their own way, but Jaclyn’s humble gratitude for being able to simply own a home is what sticks with me about this tour. It’s what she loves most about her space. Sometimes I find myself slipping into a bigger, better, brighter mentality and forget to be grateful for what I have. I’ll be sure to remind myself of Jaclyn’s point of view whenever I am feeling a bit perturbed about the quirks of my own space, and I hope it inspires you all to do the same. Enjoy! —Garrett

Photography by Jaclyn Campanaro










via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1KcH1K0 From Garrett Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment