Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hackers Help: Turning Erikslund into picture frame? By: Mike

erikslund-picture__0208205_PE362134_S4

Photo: IKEA.com



Hi all


I bought an Erikslund picture recently, which has exactly the right dimensions to frame a painting I already have.


I have undone the staples to remove the back, and removed the glue keeping the glass in place, and replaced it with a custom-cut pane of clear PVA.


The problem I have is that the inside of the frame, which was hidden due to the frosted glass, now shows through since I am mounting my painting at the back of the frame (deep-mounted) – and it is untreated, while the rest of the frame which was always visible, is black.


So what paint should I use to make the frame more uniform? Any old black wood paint from my local hardware? Spray paint?


Any ideas please?


The post Hackers Help: Turning Erikslund into picture frame? appeared first on IKEA Hackers.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/16oowSC From Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment