Monday, January 26, 2015

Studio Tour: Honeycomb Studio By: Grace Bonney

0626-HS-Studio-524_Final

One of my deepest, unwavering goals in life is to grow into one of those tragically cool older women who have a white, asymmetrical bob and spend their days throwing pots in their home ceramics studio. Maybe I was a potter or an art teacher in another life, but there’s always been a part of me that longs to spend days in a studio working on plates, pots and vases. For that reason, I tend to hang around potters’ studios, hoping one of them will casually ask me to assist them. That day is probably pretty far off, so in the meantime I continue to admire and look up to people who are full-time potters and ceramicists.


0626-HS-Studio-8_Final

0626-HS-Studio-4_Final

Courtney Hamill is the founder and owner of Honeycomb Studio, a small batch porcelain shop based in Atlanta, GA. We’ve written about her beautiful work before, but I was happy to hear from her last month and get a little peek inside her sunny West Midtown studio. Every piece Courtney makes is handmade, whether it’s cast from an original mold or thrown on her wheel, so each piece is completely unique. I love seeing where her work comes to life, so I’m thrilled to share a glimpse inside her studio today, photographed by Whitney Ott. Thanks so much to Courtney for sharing her space with us! xo, grace



0626-HS-Studio-298_Final


0626-HS-Studio-309_Final


0626-HS-Studio-267_Final


0626-HS-Studio-444_Final


0626-HS-Studio-322_Final


0626-HS-Studio-71_Final


0626-HS-Studio-92_Final


0626-HS-Studio-197_Final


0626-HS-Studio-228_Final


0626-HS-Studio-15_Final


0626-HS-Studio-50_Final




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1zib9Aw From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment