Monday, September 8, 2014

Our Hawaiian Dream Vacation By: Grace Bonney

dream_hawaiian_vacation

At the end of every summer I like to make a list of places I hope I can visit next year, ranging from the tiniest southern towns (especially those with great barbecue) to the most exotic and far-flung destinations that I can imagine. Even if I don’t manage to make it to all (or any) of these places, it gives me a list of things to imagine, save up for and dream of. And every year Hawaii is always at the top of that list. Even though I grew up in a beach town, there’s something about those beaches that seems a little bit more pristine and luxurious. After watching an episode of Modern Family last year where the whole family went to Hawaii for a birthday, I started bookmarking hotels I’d want to visit and thankfully Julia is on-board with the idea of saving up to visit one day. From sipping fancy drinks with umbrellas to learning how to surf (my irrational fear of sharks needs to be cured once and for all), I can think of a million ways I’d like to spend my time there, so I thought I’d start making dream vacation guides for the site so maybe one day we can all use them as an outline of fun things to do if we ever make it there. I hope Hawaii is in my future one day (before I adopt so many dogs we can never leave home) and this dream roundup of activities is one way I can keep reminding myself that every coffee shop coffee I skip gets me one step closer to kicking off my sandals and relaxing in cool white sand. xo, grace


*We have more concise guides to Oahu and Kaua’i if you want to skip straight to those, too!


2584908225_a02fb7d463 the-modern-honolulu resort14 Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 4.42.52 PM 4seasons-hualalai-5-1200x466

Click through for our full list of dream spots to visit…


Brought to you by The Hawaiian Islands.



(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1tm7Y3a From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment