Friday, September 12, 2014

Buckwheat Porridge with Poached Pears (Video) By: Grace Bonney


When I was 14 I spent most of my time in my room playing Hole songs on my guitar and wishing I lived in Seattle. My life outside of school consisted primarily of sulking and the occasional field hockey game, so when Amy first introduced me to Izzy Rael, the incredibly talented blogger behind Common Comfort, I was blown away. Izzy lives in New York city with her family and when she’s not busy with the ups and downs of 9th grade, she’s running a truly beautiful website about delicious and healthy food. Kristina and I were so thrilled when she accepted our plea to feature one of her recipes and were even more excited to find out she was going to create an original video just for the column.


Inspired by the changing temperatures and fall flavors, Izzy came up with a recipe for Buckwheat Porridge topped with star anise-poached pear and thickened coconut milk. It’s a warm, filling, healthy (and tasty) way to start off any fall morning. And the fact that Izzy made this in between her first few weeks of school is even more impressive. I simply cannot wait to see where this talented writer and cook goes- she’s got an incredibly bright future ahead of her. Click here to check out more of Izzy’s blog, Common Comfort. xo, grace


*Special thanks to Izzy’s assistant, and future hand model, Lily Mayo. Music featured in the video is ‘Sail’ by Noosa.


Izzy Rael for Design*Sponge

About Izzy: Izzy Rael lives in New York City with her parents, and her younger brother. In her spare time, she writes for her food and design blog, Common Comfort. Izzy is a 14-year-old, graphic-obsessed girl that loves to jam on tunes on her trombone. In the future, she hopes to be a programmer and mathematician, continuing to follow her love for blogging, music and art. Izzy is also releasing a new coffee table book with VSCO later this year on recipes, outings in New York, and all things creative (keep your eyes peeled)!


Click through for the full recipe after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1qO1Jah From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment