Wednesday, September 17, 2014

10 Creative DIY Stair Runner Ideas By: Grace Bonney

This weekend I found myself dreaming of having a home with a second floor. I’ve spent most of my life (and dorm years) living in single floor apartments or homes, and there’s always been something so grand about the idea of a dramatic staircase leading to bedrooms or other spaces that are a good distance away from the noise and everyday sounds that happen in the living rom and kitchen. I’m so appreciative to have the one floor apartment we do have, but it it’s always fun to dream. So to indulge myself in what it would be like to play around with a great set of stairs, I thought it would be fun to imagine all the different things you could do with stairs to dress them up, from painted runners and mats to wallpapered runners and crazy geometric patterns. I’ve got my eye set on this simple project, but all 10 of these ideas are great ways to add some unexpected detail and interest to your home. xo, grace


Click through for all 10 ideas after the jump!


(more…)








via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1p0RoTV From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment