Wednesday, September 17, 2014

10 Classic Movies and Their Alter Ego Chairs By: Grace Bonney

movies_to_chairs

When I first started Design*Sponge, I had a bit of a chair problem (which has now been replaced by a ceramics obsession). At one point I had at least four chairs for every person living in my home and it got to be a little ridiculous. I ended up giving them away to good homes (what was I doing with a child’s mid-century rocking chair, anyway?) but I still have a soft spot for chairs that makes me want to take them all home like shelter puppies.


Last week Amy, Max and I were talking about a new light that was coming out and I said it reminded me so much of the movie Sleeper. We started talking about furniture that reminded us of certain movies (which was the original inspiration for our column, Living In). I thought it would be fun to turn this idea into one big post, so I decided to focus on my favorite piece of furniture: the humble chair. It’s funny how a single piece of furniture can encapsulate a style, time and look so clearly and, for me, these chairs feel exactly like the movies we’ve paired them with here. So if you need ideas for extra seating at home – or just a great movie to watch while you sit in that chair – this list is for you. xo, grace


marie whatdreamsmaycome chocolat copy clueless toys

Click through for all 10 pairs after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1teIo2w From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment