Friday, June 13, 2014

Father’s Day Memories By: Grace Bonney

DSFATHERSDAY

One of my favorite memories from my childhood is sitting on my Dad’s shoulders as we would ride through wave after wave at the beach. I was terrified of water I couldn’t see through (still am), and I was convinced the ocean floor was covered with hundreds of hungry crabs waiting to nibble my toes. So my Dad would lift me up on his shoulders and wade into the waves, high enough that we could “jump” with each wave and just make it over them. I would scream with delight and felt, in those moments, like my Dad was the strongest, coolest person alive (he still is). So it’s with that in mind that we celebrate Father’s Day with a look back at some of our favorite bloggers’, authors’ and artists’ memories of their fathers. From touching moments over a breakfast table to some hilarious (and gnarly) episodes involving sick children, to deep and meaningful reflections about difficult relationships, these stories and memories are so genuine and open.


Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to share such personal moments with us here today: Victoria Smith, Will Taylor, Joanna Goddard, Matt Armendariz, Lisa Congdon, Julia Rothman, Jaime Derringer, Sara Jensen, Jan, Nikole Herriott, Cassandra LaValle, Michelle Adams, Amy Azzarito, Amy Merrick, Max Tielman. xo, grace


*Photo above: Despite the fact that I look like a little boy, that is actually me with my Dad and our first dog, Duffy.


nikole photo1 dad-in-pool michelleadams 284367_10150237218488596_5938539_n jeremy-goddard- -1 copy -2 -1 father'sday_DS_congdon

Click through for the full post after the jump


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1p1TfbZ From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment