Thursday, June 12, 2014

After the Jump: The Importance of Taking Risks By: Grace Bonney

RADIOHEADER

Neil Gaiman wrote, “If you dare nothing, then when the day is over, nothing is all you will have gained.” That sentiment is something I try to keep in mind on a regular basis when faced with the prospect of taking a risk. Risk is not only essential to staying relevant in any community, it’s one of the best (if not scariest) tools we have to constantly expand our base of experience, knowledge and confidence.


gabyandcrista

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about taking risks in business: why it’s so hard, why we avoid it and why, when we finally take one, the rewards feel so empowering. So I decided to dedicate this week’s radio show to the topic of RISK-TAKING . I had the pleasure of being joined by two women who know a lot about taking risks in business, blogger Gaby Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking and Crista Freeman, co-founder of one of my favorite ice cream companies, Phin & Phebes. Gaby, Crista and I dove into the core of this topic, discussing examples of when risk-taking had paid off (greater confidence, new skills, getting what you actually want) and how to handle when risks don’t end well (hint: build a support system). Their insight and honesty was beyond helpful and I think whether or not you own a business, listening to their advice will be incredibly inspiring. Thanks so much to Crista and Gaby for joining me on air and to all of you for listening.


*If you have a story of risk-taking you’d like to share, please share yours in the comments below, I’ll be adding some of mine today, too. xo, grace*


-2

-1




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1v4bNMn From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment