Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Day In The Life of Jeni Britton Bauer of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams By: Grace Bonney

Jeni meeting at desk

Two of my favorite things in life are family and ice cream. When I have a chance to combine the two, I’m a very happy camper. So today I’m beyond thrilled to be sharing a day in the life with the ever-impressive and always incredible, Jeni Britton Bauer of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. We may not be related, but Jeni is part of my cherished book family over at Artisan Books. When I was working on our first book, my editor would show me copies of Jeni’s first book and I would immediately feel the need to go home and track down a pint of her incredible ice cream. After eating countless pints on my own, I got my parents hooked on her flavors and now my book family has melted together with my real family.


Jenis_Desserts_3D_REV_rd1-525x525

Jeni just released her second book, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream Desserts , and it is fantastic. If you have a sweet tooth, this book is going to be your best friend for a long time. From whiskey caramel and crunchy ice cream toppings to recipes for tarts, pies and and cakes, each of Jeni’s dessert recipes is simple, comforting and welcoming. Served a la mode or on their own, they’re is a great way to end a special meal. Jeni is about to embark on a 21-city book tour (!!) so I’m so grateful she was able to share a day in her (busy) life with us this week. Thanks so much to Jeni and everyone at Artisan- click here to pick up a copy of her new book! xo, grace


*If you need some more Jeni in your life, she was on-air last week on Julia’s radio show! Tune in here to listen.


Dining Room Table Jenis Wall 1 Clover_Road_Cream_Cheese Tasting Mandy Note Jenis_Cart Signing Books Short North Scoop Shop Wall Midwest Inspiration Wall 2 Baby_Legs

Click through for the full post!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/SQKVkB From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment