Wednesday, June 18, 2014

5 DIY Tool Must-Haves + What You Can Do With Them By: Grace Bonney

dsdiytop5

The most important part of any DIY challenge is having the right tools and the right plan in front of you. There’s no shortage of DIY projects, inspiration and ideas on the web, but I’ve found that the emails I get about DIY these days are still about what tools to buy and why. So this morning I thought I’d share what I consider to be the 5 major building blocks of any great DIY kit. Aside from the super basics (scissors, glue, paint) these are the tools I think are versatile and easy enough to use that everyone should invest in them. They’ll come in handy not only for individual projects, but for basic, small-scale repairs around the house, too. So if you needed a gift idea for summer birthdays or just a little nudge to get your summer upcycling, crafting and home decorating off on the right foot, this roundup is for you. xo, grace


*What are your go-to tools and tool brands? I tend to get my brand-specifics from trusted artist and shop owner friends, but I also always look at user reviews under products online to see if there are models to avoid. If you’ve got a tip or trusted tool to share, please add your thoughts below!


1-main-image OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA pallet_garden_intro DESIGNSPONGE_MOLLY_DIYWINERACK-500x532 designsponge_diy_hanging_pots_3 17 designsponge-diy-12-12-cat-toys-intro Blog_Post_upholstery-project_light-500x666 ds-mirror Plexi-Accent-Shelf-8

Click through for all 5 DIY Toolkit Basics after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1qcSoGR From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment