Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Star Cards By: Grace Bonney

-2

Last night was our first hot night in Brooklyn and while I don’t enjoy overheating, I sort of love that first day when you sleep on top of your sheets and put a fan in the window. It instantly brings me back to my first summer in Brooklyn and wondering how anyone could fall asleep with their windows open while street noise blares night. But I’ve become immune to the noise and find the first week of hot summer nights romantic in a way- especially when we start to get better glimpses of the summer sky.


-1

-4

While I’ve never been a huge follower of astrology, I do enjoy star charts and a general appreciation all things “sky” related. I used to have a small collection of cloud maps in college and now I find myself bookmarking star charts and night sky maps left and right. These diagrams are from Present & Correct and map the stars at night. Each one is foiled in white onto a black card, in either a square or rectangular shape. I’ve slowly been collecting black and white art for our walls and these would be such a beautiful addition. They’re simple but still have a strong graphic feel that could hold its own on a larger wall. Present & Correct is selling them right here (they’re roughly 10×10 inches and 11.5 x 8 inches) so if you’re looking to celebrate the sky (summer or any other season) these might be just the ticket. xo, grace




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1qzZdFH From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment