Monday, March 9, 2015

From dresser to bed drawers By: Ronja Lotte

bed drawers


Recycle your old Leksvik dresser and make some new under bed drawers for your bedroom.


1. First, I pulled out the two large drawers of my dresser and measured whether these would fit under my bed. Unfortunately, the larger one of the two was too high, so I had to unpack my circular saw. First I sawed off about 2,4 inches from the top of the drawer…


2. … and then I glued this part of the bigger drawer on top of the second drawer. I did this to adjust the height of the smaller drawer so that both of them would look the same height. Then I unscrewed the handles on the drawers and painted both drawers white.


3. Now I only had to paint the handles light gray and screw them back on. At last I glued felt to the bottom of the drawers so that I can pull them out without scratching my floor and then I was finally able to fill my new my bed drawers! Yay!


You can check out the whole tutorial here (English and German).


The post From dresser to bed drawers appeared first on IKEA Hackers.






via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/183UKU8 From Ronja Lotte

No comments:

Post a Comment