Friday, December 12, 2014

TV stand from METOD cabinet By: Jules IKEAHacker

metod tv


Materials: METOD 80x37x60cm wall cabinet, VARIERA cover caps, VEDDINGE 80x40cm drawer front, FORBATTRA/MAXIMERA drawer without front, UTRUSTA 80x37cm shelf, CAPITA 8cm legs, VEDDINGE 39x86cm cover panel


My friend needed a TV unit, and her space was pretty much exactly 80cm… However, the majority of IKEAs actual TV units are 60cm, 90cm, 120cm or more… So I went about creating this TV bench, using an 80cm METOD kitchen wall cabinet!


I put the wall cabinet on CAPITA legs. I used a 60cm high wall cabinet, and then added a 40cm drawer (you could do a door to cut costs), to create a 20cm gap for DVD/console/etc.


I added the cover panel on the top, to cover the cam locks that are on show otherwise. There is a bit of an overhang, but I think this is quite a nice finishing touch! And then VARIERA cover caps are a must for the exposed shelf holes in the open shelf bit!


Hope you like it!


~ Alex







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1BqevP6 From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment