Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Daylight Dreams Editions By: Grace Bonney

Daylight Dream Editions at Design*Sponge

When I was first living on my own and starting to decorate my apartment, I had this idea that artwork was only something that came from a store or gallery. I relied too often on what I saw in magazines and forgot to trust my own instincts about what I valued and wanted to display. Over time I swung to the other end of the pendulum and traded or gave away every piece of art I owned that wasn’t personally significant to me. While I still lean in that direction now, I’ve started to find a more comfortable middle ground where newer pieces can mingle with the smaller family and friend pieces and it doesn’t have to be all or nothing.


One of my favorite new sites for finding beautiful artwork is Daylight Dreams Editions, an LA-based art studio that releases editions of artwork made both by independent artists and artists from their in-house team. Founded by Molly Frances and Mark Frohman, DDE sells framed and unframed work (the latter ships worldwide) in a wide range of styles, almost all of which appeal to me, which can be dangerous. From textile-inspired paintings to photography of geodes and architectural detailing, these are the sorts of pieces that, when mixed into other loved pieces in your home, can really create a well-rounded and meaningful art collection. Prices range from $75 for prints to $3,000 for larger original pieces, but I found that the majority of pieces in easy-to-frame sizes (i.e: they fit in your standard RIBBA frame) were around $150. I’ve got my eye on some of the ancient architectural prints (those columns have my name on them), but I’m going to bookmark them until after the holiday to make sure I don’t act too impulsively. If you’re looking for something to brighten your walls, click here to check out and shop their full collection online. xo, grace




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/162YEvF From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment