Thursday, October 2, 2014

Genevieve Gorder on After the Jump By: Grace Bonney

GENGORDER

I’ve had a stressful couple of weeks lately and I was looking forward to this week’s radio show for a huge boost of happiness. And thankfully, it did not disappoint. This week I had the absolute pleasure of sitting down with designer Genevieve Gorder to talk about some of her latest projects. I don’t know how she has time to do everything – between her personal clients and being a working mom – but Genevieve recently bought and renovated her neighboring apartment (to create one cohesive home to share with her daughter), documented the process for a television show, launched a digital magazine and is working on yet another TV special launching this fall. When I say that she gets things done, I mean she really gets things done. So I am incredibly appreciative that she took time to come out to Bushwick, Brooklyn with me and talk about all things design.


Genevieve is one of the happiest people I’ve ever met and her love of design is utterly infectious. She infuses everything she does with character, a personal story and meaning – elements that you cannot buy or have made by someone else. She quite simply has a knack for figuring out what makes someone feel at home and how to bring that to life. In today’s show we talk about how her own style has evolved, what she learned from a truly difficult renovation process (like how quickly budgets go overboard!) and how she’s staying inspired by the digital design world online right now. If you have 30 minutes to sit and be inspired, please check out this show. It’s hard to listen to Genevieve and not walk away feeling lighter, happier and motivated to make the world a more beautiful place. Thanks so much to Gen and Melissa for joining me today! xo, grace


-2

-1




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1vAtO6i From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment