Monday, September 29, 2014

New: Makelike Wallpapers By: Grace Bonney

Range_Gold_Crop_LoRes

After years of looking at thousands wallpaper patterns, there are still a handful of designs that stand out to me. Trustworth’s ‘Apothecary’s Garden’ is a favorite of mine (we used it in Amy Merrick’s home tour for Design*Sponge at Home and it’s coming up today’s 1pm sneak peek) as well as Makelike’s cactus wallpaper from 2009. So whenever I see Makelike’s name pop up in my email, I get excited.


Makelike Wallpaper at DesignSponge

These new patterns from Makelike’s latest series, the Shapes Collection, were inspired by drafting paper, mountains and traditional Moroccan rugs. Tara from Makelike explained that their design goal was to create something that felt good in both traditional and modern spaces and, upon closer inspection, would still reveal texture in character in a seemingly purely geometric pattern. That hand-drawn quality is what always draws me to Makelike’s papers. I love when a paper has the strong lines and the design integrity to stand on its own in a room, but still has a bit of a handmade feel that has a softness and a realness to it. These new designs have that quality in spades so I can’t wait to see them installed in a home.


Perennial_Grey_Full_LoRes

Tara also designed a sweet floral wallpaper, Perennial, to include in the launch as well. I always have a soft spot for floral prints, so I couldn’t resist sharing this today, too. If you’re interested in checking out any of Makelike’s wallpapers, you can view their website and place orders online right here. xo, grace




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1nzD7CI From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment