Thursday, August 14, 2014

Social Media 101 By: Grace Bonney

SOCIAL101

This summer I’ve been teaching my own version of summer school classes at Makeshift Society in Brooklyn and San Francisco. The topic I felt most passionate to discuss first was SOCIAL MEDIA and in every class I found myself more and more excited to get into the nitty gritty details of what it means to craft a successful- and authentic- social media presence for any brand, company or personality.


For better or worse, social media has become the primary way most people find and consume information. Whether they’re getting updates on political situations or looking at more light-hearted updates related to the cultural news that interests them, people are no longer reading online home pages the way they used to. Rather than bemoaning the loss of that more centralized method of communication, the homepage, I think our time is better spend understanding and embracing those changes and learning how to make them work for us, both personally and professionally.


So this week I turned my radio show into a one-stop-shop podcast that will help anyone listening get started with expressing themselves- and their work- through social media. If you’ve got 15 minutes, you’ve got all the time you need to learn all the basics of social media. From finding your voice and defining your style to discovering the best tools to track engagement and find your audience online, I hope you’ll tune in and join me in the social media fun…xo, grace


*I will be teaching online course this fall, so if you’re interested in signing up for a longer version of this talk, stay tuned for details in September!


-2

-1




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1t3etsV From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment