Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Design hanging planters By: Jules IKEAHacker

Ikea-planters-1-796509


Materials: Asker container & Ikea plants


Description: On a design website I saw these amazing hanging planters, but at $100 a piece they were way too expensive. So when I visited Ikea and saw the Asker container I knew what I had to do.


Materials:

- Asker containers (they two sizes, choose the one you like, although the bigger size fits larger plants)

- Any plant that fits into a small pot. Ikea has a variety of good sized plants.

- Thrift store leather belts in varying colors (mine were 50 cents a piece)


Ikea-planters-2-799881

Ikea-planters-3-704875

Ikea-planters-4-708187


Instructions:

- Put the plant in the Asker container

- Feed the belt through the hole

- Put a nail in the wall

- Hang the planter in your kitchen, bedroom, bathroom or study.


Note: The big Asker containers have a hole in the bottom, so I taped it with duct tape from the inside out to prevent leaking when I water the plants.


They actually look better than the design planters I saw!


~ Liesbeth Smit, Amsterdam







via IKEA Hackers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ikeahacker/~3/ipLDzpNEByI/design-hanging-planters.html From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment