Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Aged in an Hour By: Jules IKEAHacker

candle2-791643


Materials: Ordning Utensil Caddy, Modern Masters “Metal Effects” paint and patina


Description: My old stereo speakers were a lil’ too silver for me, so I decided to “age” them a bit for that “Vintage Industrial” look.


Since I had the paints out (Modern Masters “Metal Effects” reactive paint and patina solution) I decided to make a candle holder out of my old ORDNING Utensil Caddy.


I put bumpons on some cardboard so the caddy could resting above the work area.


I used a combination of the Iron, Bronze, and Copper reactive paints. I brushed them on, and went over again with a sponge.


I waited the few minutes the instructions said and than sprayed on the rust activator, than the blue patina activator.


candle 3-794872


I then sprayed on a matte finish sealer.


Add candle and . . . (O:


~ Michael McCleary, Myersville,MD







via IKEA Hackers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ikeahacker/~3/K5L0cl-YLls/aged-in-an-hour.html From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment