Thursday, September 12, 2013

Banner for a birthday party By: Jules IKEAHacker

2013-08-25-140805


Materials: SKÖTSEL coaster


Description: My three year old requested a pirate themed birthday bash, but as he is only three I did not think that a lot of scull and bones were the right way to go.


So I decided to incorporate a lot of color with paper lantern and such. On a visit to Ikea I saw the SKÖTSEL coaster and an idea was born.


I printed out letters, placed them on top of the coaster and traced through, and then filled in the letter with a permanent marker. I cut some canvas into flags and then after cutting a hole on the Skötsel, tied the two together.


2013-08-25-140721

2013-08-25-140808

2013-08-25-150134

Starred Photos195


Outcome – Birthday banner :)


I also cut up the MARIT table runner to make an up an “island”, using the DITTE fabric as the “sea”. REKO glasses were decorated with tabe ;)


See more of the coaster banner.


~ Soffia Gardarsdottir, Iceland







via IKEA Hackers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ikeahacker/~3/Nt30xCHOvzs/banner-for-a-birthday-party.html From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment