Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A rack on a Laiva desk By: Jules IKEAHacker

Bureau-Aliénor-Ikéa-Laiva-600x600


Materials: Laiva desk, Sultan Lade slatted bed-base, saw, nail and hammer


Description: My daughter has a Laiva desk but she doesn’t need the cable organizer and very often her pen rolls into it …


So I decided to build a rack for her.


It was easy because the Sultan Lade slats were as large as the desk.


First of all, I separated the slats, pulling off the ribbon.


I cut two slats into 13,5 centimeter pieces.


I nailed two times two slats together with those little pieces, so the rack is deep enough.


I nailed two times two slats (28cm).


Then I fixed together the frame of the rack, nailing all together.


I cut 4cm from two new slats, I fixed them together with a 13.5 cm piece. I fixed this “set” to the rack and added a little 13,8cm piece to create a little case.


I painted the finished rack in pink, because my daughter loves this color…


I cut 2 10cm pieces and I painted them to.


I fixed this piece at the edge of the cable organizer and then fixed the rack in the middle, nailing it.


With the same idea, I did a rack for another daughter with 4 slats of 1m long and 10cm large (It’s the purple one).


Bureau-Coraline-Laiva-Ikéa-600x600

Bureau-Ikéa-Laiva-table-à-couture-600x600


With the same idea, I did a rack for my sewing machine, with the rest of the slatted bed-base.


See more of the Laiva hack.


~ Gwendoline, Suisse







via IKEA Hackers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ikeahacker/~3/tLR5xzycJz4/a-rack-on-a-laiva-desk.html From Jules IKEAHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment