Thursday, January 1, 2015

BESTA built in with stone wall for TV By: Scott Conley

IMG_1105 IMG_1099


Materials: Besta Shelves, Besta TV unit, Besta Vassbo


Inspired by Big Besta Built-ins and Papa Was a… Besta’ Stone!.


I first created a base using 2×4 and some foam (for protection) for the Besta to sit on so I could use floor trim later.


I then built a false wall to put the stone (Oxide Ledgestone and modified polymer motor from Lowes), the TV wall mount, and cables. I used 2×4′s and 5/16″ OSB.


IMG_1026 IMG_1028 IMG_1029 IMG_1034 IMG_1046


This false wall allowed me to ‘push’ the top and bottom centre pieces to add some depth.

Leaving the one end open gives the room a more open feel when you walk in from the kitchen.

I finished the top with some crown moulding. To install it, I used 1×2 and glued/nailed to the top of the Besta units.


IMG_1055


Misc stuff: In one of the drawers, I drilled a hole so I could place my game controllers and charge in the drawer; drilled a hole to run power and network for the printer in the bottom right cupboard; I matched the paint at Home Depot after bringing the door in and it worked great.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1BolaZt From Scott Conley

No comments:

Post a Comment